Monday, December 29, 2008

Fascinating: Marcel Proust


Though I have by no means read a great deal of his work, or even a significant amount (just starting), I am nonetheless fascinated by Marcel Proust and the French society he lived in during the late 19th and early 20th century and "chronicled" in his celebrated writings--His name has also become attached to a famous set of questions, Called The proust Questionnaire--In Vanity Fair magazine (an essential read each month) a short version has appeared for years--The Questionnaire is fascinating; it asks one to reveal personal thoughts and observations, and is very revealing, even to one who takes it--I chronicled my own responses to the questionnaire in my journal--it definately makes you think-


-Here are a two links, one to the questionnaire, one about Proust: http://hoelder1in.org/Proust/fill_questionnaire.html (you don't have to post if you don't want to) and http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/proust.htm



Here are two REALLY COOL books I have acquired that YOU should look for, too:

The Proust Questionnaire By Carter/Jean-servat, published by Assouline, ISBN: 2843237065.

The World of proust as Seen by Paul Nadir edited by Anne-Marie Bernard, published by MIT Press, ISBN 0262025329.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just did the Proust questionaire under the name Mr. Mandarin. It was fun - Thanks for sharing the link.